Use the Experience Warp feature to easily automatically "jump" your participants from one Experience to another without requiring them to enter a different Experience Code or edit the URL in their browser. Experience Warp will move both current participants and future participants as they join or return to the original Experience.
By using this feature, you can create different types of multi-dimensional Experiences such as Trivia Games with multiple rounds and bonus rounds, multi-day Trivia events, and/or sending your participants to an exit Poll when they've completed a Trivia Game Experience.
For example, this feature lets you create several different Trivia Game rounds by creating a separate Trivia Experience for each round. Upon reaching the end of one Trivia Round Experience and showing the final score for the round (Show Rankings (R)) and the overall score (Show Multi-Game Trivia Rankings (M)), you can then set an Experience Warp to automatically "jump" your players instantly to the next round without them having to enter in a new Experience Code or URL. The next Trivia Round Experience would be ready in the "initial" state. Once you perform the warp, you would then "start" the warped-to Trivia Round Experience.
How an Experience Warp Works
When you set an Experience Warp, Crowdpurr automatically tells your participants to "jump" to the selected Experience. If you have participants that arrive late after you set an Experience Warp or you have participants that navigated away from Crowdpurr on their mobile device when you set the Experience Warp, they will automatically warp upon returning or joining your original Experience.
You can warp Experiences at any time. It does not matter if an Experience is live or not live. Upon setting an Experience Warp, your participants will see whatever state the selected warped-to Experience is in - the exact same as if they had manually visited the Experience you're warping to.
Experience Warps are indefinite and they will last until you manually remove them or reset your Experience. Once a warp is set, it will warp current participants and any new participants that join the original Experience. It is impossible to visit an original Experience once you set an Experience Warp on it unless you remove it or reset your Experience.
Setting an Experience Warp
Upon setting an Experience Warp, all of your players will instantly load the Experience you select. Your Experience Dashboard and Projector View (if open) will also instantly update and load the selected Experience. You can then press the Start button on the newly loaded Experience and your players will start playing the next Experience (the next Trivia Round for example).
To set an Experience Warp:
- Go the the green Settings tab on the Experience Dashboard and click the Interface Preferences tab underneath it.
- Scroll down to the Experience Warp settings-box near the bottom of the settings page.
- Select the Experience from the dropdown you want to warp your players and yourself to.
- Click on the Warp button and click Okay from the pop-up warning.
- On the Dashboard of the "warped-to" Experience, press the green play button under Control Center to start the Experience and thus start the next trivia round.
You can repeat this process for each round of trivia you created including bonus rounds, etc. You can even do an Experience Warp at the beginning of each day of your event. Or to trigger an exit Poll or Social Wall.
Removing an Experience Warp
After you've set an Experience Warp, you'll be warped to the Experience Dashboard of the selected warped-to Experience. Any participants that try to join your original Experience will automatically warp to the selected warped-to Experience. This is typically a desired behavior as there is no reason for participants to access the previous Experience (e.g. if you're warping trivia players to "Round 2" of your overall Trivia Game, you wouldn't want players to be able to access "Round 1" if you're playing a live game where everyone is in sync).
The Status Bar will also tell you which experience it's been warped to.
However, if you want to remove an Experience Warp if you were practicing switching Experiences, testing your workflow, and/or you made a mistake, do the following:
- Go the the green Trivia Game Settings tab on the Experience Dashboard of the original Experience (not the warped-to Experience). The actual Experience Warp is set on the original Experience. Scroll down to the Experience Warp settings-box near the bottom of the settings page.
- Click on the red Remove Warp button to remove the set Experience Warp.
- Additionally, when resetting or restarting an Experience, if it has an Experience Warp, it will be removed automatically.
Other Helpful Articles
Check out the following articles for more information: