Crowdpurr offers different types of playback modes for your Experiences. Which playback mode you choose depends on how you want to deliver your Experience to your crowd. Each Experience Playback Mode is explained below.
Setting the Experience Playback Mode
To set the Experience Playback Mode, navigate to the green settings tab on our Experience Dashboard. If you created a Poll, the tab will say "Poll Settings". If you created a Trivia Game, the tab will say "Trivia Game Settings".
Scroll down on this tab until you reach "Experience Playback Modes". You can select which mode you want to use by simply clicking on the radio button for the desired mode. Upon clicking, extra options may populate that relate to the chosen mode.
Host Controlled Mode
This is the default Experience Playback Mode for all newly created Experiences. In this mode, the host of the Experience (i.e. the person running the dashboard during the game) controls which question is shown to the crowd. Only one question at a time is shown to the crowd in this mode.
The host updates the question currently shown to the crowd by either updating the active question selector (see below list of articles for more information on how to do this) or simply selecting a question's tab on the Experience Dashboard.
Updating the active question will automatically update every participant's device in your crowd.
Additionally, if you want to show live answer results, show the correct answer (for Trivia Games), or show the rankings leaderboard (for Trivia Games), you must enable these view manually using the buttons (or keyboard shortcuts) on the Experience Dashboard or Projector View.
The host manually controls all views and the flow of the game using this mode. This mode is ideal for hosted or narrated live events for crowds where the crowd should all be kept in sync and participate together. A multi-question live crowd Trivia Game or Poll is the ideal for this mode. The host or narrator ideally may want to discuss each question, discuss results, show the correct answer, then show the rankings, and then proceed to the next question at their own pace.
Fully Automatic Mode
This mode is similar to Host Controlled Mode as it only shows one question at a time. However each question is advanced automatically. Once the Experience is started, the host no longer has to interact as the Experience will run entirely by itself.
This mode is ideal for exhibitions and trade show floors, establishments like restaurants or bars, or any kind of passive/walk-up experience where a participant may join at any time but still play together with other participants. This mode is great for bar-style Trivia Games or trade show booth when you cannot actively monitor the Experience. With this mode you can simply loop your Experience to repeat all day or evening and even reset its results after each playback.
Upon selecting this mode, a time input is displayed to set the time each question is shown to your crowd. There's also additional options to automatically show the various views and to also reset the Experience automatically when finished.
- Show Answer Results Automatically After Each Question? - This setting will enable the Show Live Answer Results view after each question for six seconds. Use this setting to automatically show how the crowd answered each question on both the Projector View and Mobile View (Polls and Trivia Games)
- Show Correct Answer Automatically After Each Question? - This setting will enable the Show Correct Answer view after each question for six seconds. Use this setting to automatically show the crowd the correct answer on both the Projector View and Mobile View (Trivia Games only)
- Show Player Rankings Automatically After Each Question? - This setting will enable the Show Player Rankings view after each question for six seconds. Use this setting to automatically show the crowd the rankings leaderboard on both the Projector View and Mobile View (Trivia Games only)
- Restart Poll/Trivia Game Automatically When Poll/Trivia Game Is Finished? - This setting will automatically reset your Poll or Trivia Game back to the first question and then restart your Poll or Trivia Game over and automatically proceed through each question. This is essentially "looping" your Poll or Trivia Game indefinitely.
- Clear Crowd Responses Automatically When Poll/Trivia Game Restarts? - This setting is enabled when the above "Restart Poll/Trivia Game Automatically When Poll/Trivia Game Is Finished?" setting is enabled. This setting will automatically clear out all crowd responses (e.g. votes, answers, rankings, etc.) at the end of each Poll/Trivia Game. When the Poll/Trivia Game restarts it will be a "fresh" Poll/Trivia Game with no crowd responses. This setting is ideal for repeating a Poll/Trivia Game for new participants so that old votes/answers and rankings are not kept each time the Poll/Trivia Game restarts.
Crowd Controlled Mode
This mode is the only mode that shows all of your questions to your crowd. The questions are displayed in groups of five and your crowd may navigate and answer each of your questions at their own pace and choosing.
This mode is ideal when you want to let your crowd play at their own pace and it is not important to have each person in the crowd in sync and playing together. This mode is great for exit surveys, online polls, and fun trivia games where the participants are not necessarily playing against each other at the same time. A trade show booth could use this mode to allow walk-up participants to take a poll or survey in order to get a gift or prize.
The question of your Experience are shown in tabs grouped by five.
Other Helpful Articles
To learn more, check out these articles: