Great, you've added your questions and answers, you've opened the Mobile View and launched the Projector View, we're now ready to run and test your Poll.
Running Your Poll
You're now going to run through your Poll as a "dry run". Before we begin, here is an overview of the process of running a Poll manually in Host Controlled Mode.
Remember, in this mode, you as the host must initiate every action in the Poll in order to progress it along including updating the active question and showing answer results.
Your Poll flows from question to question by updating the Active Question. Both the Projector View and every single crowd Mobile View will also update automatically. All views update automatically when you make an update in the Experience Dashboard. When you update the Active Question your crowd's mobile devices will automatically update to the new question and they will have the ability to vote on the new question.
Step By Step Process for Each Question
Your Poll's flow will proceed according to the following. Each of these steps are covered in the next few articles of this tutorial. You don't need to do these now.
- Start your Poll. Starting your Poll will open voting on the crowd's mobile devices for the first question.
- After the 10 second countdown finishes, allow time for your crowd to vote on the question. You can keep any eye on the Quick Stats and Total Questions Votes on the Experience Dashboard to better know how much of your crowd has voted on the question.
- Once voting has completed, show your crowd the Live Answer Results (A) on the Projector View and all crowd Mobile Views.
- You're now ready to proceed to the next question. Update the Active Question to the next question.
- Repeat steps 2 - 4 until the end of your last question.
- Review the Answer Results with your crowd.
- Finalize your Poll.
Testing Your Poll
Using the above polling process, you (and as many friends and colleagues as you like) can actually enter and vote on your Poll from their mobile devices or the Mobile View you opened from the Experience Dashboard. So go ahead and invite friends or coworkers once you've tested your Poll a few times and are familiar enough to run a live Poll! Or you can test your Poll by yourself. In the next few steps we'll learn about each of the above steps in order to test your Poll. The last step will be learning how to reset your Poll and clear out any crowd votes from your test-runs.
You're now ready to go to the first step in actually running our Poll. Go to Start & Pausing The Poll.