Great, you've added your questions and answers, opened the Mobile View and launched the Projector View, so we're now ready to run and test your Poll.
Running Your Poll
You're now going to run through your Poll as a "dry run." Before we begin, here is an overview of the process of running a Poll manually in Host Controlled Mode.
Remember in this mode, you as the host must initiate every action in the Poll in order to progress it along including updating the Active Question, displaying Question Notes, and showing the Live Answer Results.
Your Poll flows from question to question by updating the Active Question. Both the Projector View and every single crowd Mobile View will also update automatically. All views update automatically when you make a change in the Experience Dashboard. When you update the Active Question, then your crowd's mobile devices will also automatically update to the new question and they will have the ability to vote on the new question.
Step By Step Process for Each Question
Your Poll's flow will proceed according to the following. Each of these steps are covered in the next few articles of this tutorial. You don't need to do these now.
- Start your Poll. Starting your Poll will open the live voting on the crowd's mobile devices for the first question.
- Question Timer. Allow time for your crowd to vote on the question. You can keep any eye on the Quick Stats and Total Questions Votes on the Experience Dashboard to get an idea of how much of your crowd has voted on the current question. When the timer expires, your crowd can no longer answer the question and you can proceed to the next step.
- Show Live Answer Results (A). This will display on the Projector View and Mobile Views.
- Advance to Next Question. You're now ready to proceed to the next question. Update the Active Question to the next question.
- Repeat steps 2 - 4 until the end of your last question.
- Review the final Answer Results with your crowd.
- Finalize your Poll.
Testing Your Poll
Using the above polling process, you (and as many friends and colleagues as you like) can actually enter and vote on your Poll from their mobile devices or the Mobile View you opened from the Experience Dashboard. So go ahead and invite friends or coworkers once you've tested your Poll a few times and are familiar enough to run a live Poll! Or you can test your Poll by yourself. In the next few steps we'll learn about each of the above steps in order to test your Poll. The last step will be learning how to reset your Poll and clear out any crowd votes from your test-runs.
You're now ready to go to the first step in actually running our Poll. Go to Start & Pausing The Poll.