Great, you've added your questions and answers, you've tested the mobile-client and the Projector View, we're now ready to run your Poll.
Running Your Poll
You're now going to run through your Poll as a "dry run". Before we start, update your Active Question to your Poll's first question if it's not already set. We want your crowd to see your first question first. You're now ready to start your Poll. If you previously started your Poll that is also fine.
Your Poll will flow from question to question by updating the Active Question. Updating the Active Question is how you move on to the next question in your Poll. Each time you update the Active Question, your crowd's mobile devices will automatically update to the new question and they will have the ability to vote on the question.
Your Poll's flow will proceed according to the following:
- Start your Poll (make sure the Active Question is on the first question). Starting your Poll will open voting on the crowd's mobile devices.
- Allow time for your crowd to vote on the question. You can keep any eye on the Quick Stats and Total Questions Votes on the Experience Dashboard to better know how much of your crowd has voted on the question. Additionally, you can show "Live Answer Results" to see the crowd's vote in real-time (more on this in the next step).
- Optionally, show your crowd the "Live Answer Results" on the Projector View (more on this in the next step).
- You're now ready to proceed to the next question. Update the Active Question to the next questions.
- Repeat steps 2 - 4 until the end of your last question.
- Review the Answer Results with your crowd (more on this in the next step).
- Finalize your Poll (more on this later).
Testing Your Poll
Using the above Poll flow, you can now open a mobile-client either in a desktop browser or a mobile device. You can actually vote on each question as you update from question to question in the Experience Dashboard. Feel free to invite friends or coworkers! Or you can test your Poll by yourself. After the next step, we'll learn how to reset your Poll and clear out any crowd responses from your dry runs.
We'll learn how to show helpful Poll views to your crowd from Steps 3 and 6 in the next step Showing Live Poll Results.