Now that we've voted on the first question, let's learn how to update your Poll to the next question (and every question after that).
By default, Crowdpurr assumes that you want to control how often the questions advance, what Views are shown to your crowd, and when to show them. This is called Host Controlled Mode, which gives you full control of how your Poll runs. There are other Experience Playback Modes such as Fully Automatic and Crowd Controlled, which serve different purposes.
This tutorial assumes you are using the Host Controlled Mode, which provides the most flexibility.
Updating the Active Question
Whenever you update the Active Question, the entire Poll will instantly update across your crowd's Participant Views and the Presentation View in real-time... pretty cool, right? Your Poll always syncs to the Active Question. Before starting your Poll, you'll want to make sure your Poll's Active Question is set to Question 1.
There are several ways to update the Active Question.
Use the Active Question Controller
To update the Active Question, simply click on the left or right arrows under the Active Question section at the top of the Experience Dashboard. You can also click and type in the question number where the Active Question number is displayed. This is a good way to jump to a certain question versus clicking through sequentially.
Click on a Question Tab
Clicking on a question's tab on the Questions section on the Experience Dashboard also updates the Active Question. You'll notice the Active Question number updates under the Active Question header when you click on a question tab. This is a handy method of "jumping around" to different questions, especially when you have a lot of questions in your Poll.
Question labels on the Questions tab
Click on the Presentation View's Arrows or Question Bullets
On the Presentation View, you can click on the left and right arrows on each side of the window to set the Active Question to the previous or next question.
Use the Arrow Keys On Your Keyboard
The left and right arrow keys on your computer's keyboard will also update the Active Question. This is a quick and easy shortcut to update the Active Question without having to use the mouse or click any buttons.
Update our Poll to the Second Question
If you haven't already, go ahead and update the Active Question to the second question of our test Poll. This will instantly and automatically update the Presentation View and all crowd Participant Views to the next question. Be sure to disable Show Live Answer Results (A) if you don't want your crowd to see the live poll results immediately after they've voted and you want to wait to display them later when you enable Show Live Answer Results (A).
Repeating the Previous Steps To Complete Our Poll
Using what we've learned in the last few steps of this tutorial, you can see that running your Poll is as simple as the following:
- Update the Active Question. You can update the Active Question by using any of the previously mentioned methods.
- Question Timer. If enabled, allow time for your crowd to vote on the question. You can keep an eye on the Quick Stats and Total Questions Votes on the Experience Dashboard to get an idea of how much of your crowd has voted on the current question. When the timer expires, your crowd can no longer answer the question and you can proceed to the next step.
- Show Question Notes (N). If you've added any Question Notes to your Experience, you can optionally choose to display the notes for your crowd to review.
- Show Live Answer Results (A). This will display on the Presentation View and Participant Views.
- Advance to the Next Question. You're now ready to proceed to the next question. Update the Active Question to the next question.
- Repeat Steps 2 - 5 until the end of your last question.
- Review the final Answer Results with your crowd.
- Finalize your Poll.
You will repeat this process until you're on the final question of your Poll.
You now know how to set up, run, and test your Poll. We'll learn how to reset our Poll and clear out our test crowd votes and prepare for your actual live event. Go to the next step Finishing and Resetting Your Poll.
Please sign in to leave a comment.