Great, you've added your questions and answers, you've opened a Mobile View and launched the Projector View, we're now ready to run and test your game.
Running Your Trivia Game
You're now going to run through your game as a "dry run" test. Before we begin, here is an overview of the process of running a Trivia Game manually in Host Controlled Mode.
Remember, in this mode you as the host must initiate every action in the game in order to progress it along including updating the active question, showing answer results, showing correct answers, and showing live rankings.
Your Trivia Game flows from question to question by updating the Active Question. Updating the Active Question is how you move on to the next question in your game. Each time you update the Active Question, the new question's Points Timer automatically starts. Both the Projector View and every single crowd Mobile View will also update automatically. All views update automatically when you make an update in the Experience Dashboard. When you update the Active Question your crowd's mobile devices will automatically update to the new question and they will have the ability to answer the new trivia question.
By default, all Crowdpurr Trivia Games run using our Points-Timer Mode. This awards players points for answering faster with a correct answer. It also helps with cheating by rewarding players who actually know the answer and penalizes players who think too long or have to Google for an answer by awarding them less points (or no points at all if they take too long). The player rankings are then sorted by which player has the most points. Ties are decided based on how many correct answers were sent. You can configure the Points Timer and other Trivia Game Settings under the green Trivia Game Settings tab.
Step By Step Process For Each Question
Your Trivia Game's flow will proceed according to the following. Each of these steps are covered in the next few articles of this tutorial. You don't need to do these now.
- Start your Trivia Game. Starting your Trivia Game will open the game for playing on the crowd's mobile devices and also trigger the first question's Points Timer.
- Allow time for your crowd to answer the question. The Points Timer lasts for thirty seconds by default. When the Points Timer expires, your crowd can no longer answer the question and you can proceed to the next step.
- Show your crowd the Live Answer Results (A) on the Projector View and Mobile Views.
- Show your crowd the Correct Answer (C) on the Projector View and Mobile Views.
- Show your crowd the Live Player Rankings (R) on the Projector View and Mobile Views. This is the last step for each question of your Trivia Game.
- You're now ready to proceed to the next question. Update the Active Question to the next question. This will automatically reset any Views enabled in steps 3 - 5.
- Repeat steps 2 - 6 until the end of your last question.
- Show the final Player Rankings (R) for the Trivia Game on the Projector View and Mobile Views.
- Finalize your Trivia Game.
Testing Your Game
Using the above game flow, you (and as many friends and colleagues as you like) can actually enter and play your Trivia Game from their mobile devices or the Mobile View you opened from the Experience Dashboard. So go ahead and invite friends or coworkers once you've tested your Trivia Game a few times and are familiar enough to run a live game! Or you can test your game by yourself. In the next few steps we'll learn about each of the above steps in order to test your Trivia Game. The last step will be learning how to reset your Trivia Game and clear out any crowd responses from your dry runs.
We're now ready to go to the first step in actually testing our Trivia Game. Go to Starting & Pausing the Trivia Game.