Great, you've added your questions and answers, you've tested the mobile-client and the Projector View, we're now ready to run your game.
Running Your Trivia Game
You're now going to run through your game as a "dry run". Before we start, update your Active Question to your Trivia Game's first question if it's not already set. We want your crowd to see your first question first. You're now ready to start your Trivia Game. If you previously started your Trivia Game that is also fine.
Trivia Game Flow
Your Trivia Game will flow from question to question by updating the Active Question. Updating the Active Question is how you move on to the next question in your game. Each time you update the Active Question, the new question's Points Timer automatically starts. Your crowd's mobile devices will automatically update to the new question and they will have the ability to answer the trivia question.
Your Trivia Game's flow will proceed according to the following:
- Start your Trivia Game (make sure the Active Question is on the first question). Starting your Trivia Game will open the game for playing on the crowd's mobile devices and also trigger the first question's Points Timer.
- Allow time for your crowd to answer the question. The Points Timer lasts for thirty seconds by default. When the Points Timer runs out, your crowd can no longer earn points for the question and you can proceed to the next step.
- Optionally, show your crowd the "Live Answer Results" on the Projector View (more on this in the next step).
- Optionally, show your crowd the "Correct Answer" on the Projector View (more on this in the next step).
- Optionally, show your crowd the "Live Player Rankings" on the Projector View (more on this in the next step).
- You're now ready to proceed to the next question. Update the Active Question to the next questions. This will automatically reset any "views" enabled in steps 3 - 5.
- Repeat steps 2 - 6 until the end of your last question.
- Show the final game rankings on the Projector View (more on this in the next step).
- Finalize your Trivia Game (more on this later).
Testing Your Game
Using the above game flow, you can now open a mobile-client either in a desktop browser or a mobile device. You can actually answer each question as you update from question to question in the Experience Dashboard. Feel free to invite friends or coworkers! Or you can test your game by yourself. After the next step, we'll learn how to reset your Trivia Game and clear out any crowd responses from your dry runs.
We'll learn how to show helpful game views to your crowd from Steps 3 - 5 like "Live Answer Results", the "Correct Answer", and the "Live Player Rankings" in the next step Showing Live Answers, Correct Answer, and Live Rankings.