Now that we've answered the first question, let's learn how to update your Trivia Game to the next question (and any question after that).
By default, Crowdpurr assumes that you want to fully control how often the questions switch and what views are shown to your crowd and when. This is called Host Controlled Mode, which gives you full control of how your Trivia Game runs. There are other Experience Playback Modes such as Fully Automatic and Crowd Controlled which serve different purposes. This tutorial assumes you are using the Host Controlled Mode, which provides the most flexibility.
Updating the Active Question
Whenever you update the Active Question, the entire Trivia Game will instantly update across every mobile device in the crowd and the Projector View in real-time... pretty cool, right? Your Trivia Game always syncs to the Active Question. Before starting your game, you'll want to make sure your Trivia Game's Active Question is set to your first question.
There are several ways to update the Active Question.
Use the Active Question Controller
To update the Active Question simply click on the left or right arrows under the Active Question section at the top of the Experience Dashboard. You can also click and type in the question number where the Active Question number is displayed. This is a good way to jump to a certain question versus clicking through sequentially.
Click on a Question's Tab
Clicking on a question's tab under the blue Questions tab on the Experience Dashboard also updates the Active Question. You'll notice the Active Question number updates under the Active Question header when you click on a question tab. This is a handy method of "jumping around" to different questions when you have a lot of questions.
Click on the Projector View's Arrows or Question Bullets
On the Projector View, you can click on the left and right arrows on each side of the window to set the Active Question to the previous or next question. You can also click on the Question Bullets underneath the question text, as pictured below.
Use the Arrow Keys On Your Keyboard
The left and right arrow keys on your computer's keyboard will also update the Active Question. This is a quick and easy shortcut to update the Active Question without having to use the mouse or click any buttons.
Update our Trivia Game to the Second Question
If you haven't already, go ahead and update the Active Question to the second question of our test Trivia Game. This will instantly and automatically do the following:
- Turn off all Views including Show Live Answer Results (A), Show Correct Answer (C), Show Question Notes (N), Show Live Rankings (R). Crowdpurr Trivia does this automatically because we assume you wouldn't want to show your audience the live answer results, correct answer, rankings, or Question Notes for the next question right away. You will want to wait for the question's Points Timer to expire.
- Update the Projector View and all crowd Mobile Views to the next question
- Start the next question's Points Timer and allow answering of the next question
Repeating the Previous Steps To Complete our Trivia Game
Using what we've learned in the last few steps of this tutorial, you can see that running your game is as simple as the following:
- Updating the Active Question
- Wait for the Points Timer to expire as your crowd answers the current trivia question
- Enabling Show Live Answer Results (A)
- Enabling Show Correct Answer (C)
- Enabling Show Question Notes (N)
- Enabling the Live Rankings (R)
- Proceeding to the next question
You will repeat this process until you're on the final question of your Trivia Game.
Displaying the Final Trivia Game Winner
After the final trivia question, your Trivia Game will automatically display the game's winner once you enable Show Live Rankings (R). The Projector View and all player Mobile Views will update with a message that says Winning Player Rankings that displays the final player rankings.
You now know how to setup, run, and test your game! We'll learn how to reset our game and clear out our test "dry run" crowd responses and prepare for your actual live event. Go to the next step Finishing & Resetting Your Trivia Game.